🌟We are excited to introduce our October Barre Star!🌟
Amazingly fabulous Barre Star, Stephanie, has taken over 250 classes at Barre Forte since starting with us in June 2016! She has attended several out-of studio events, including Bring A Boy to Barre, Cardio Kickboxing, and Bad Girlz @ the Barre. The Barre Forte team is incredibly impressed with her hard work, dedication, and consistency.
Meet our October Barre Star, Stephanie W.!
1) Where are you from, and how long have you been in Gainesville?
I moved from Jacksonville a little over two years ago and, although I miss Jacksonville, Gainesville has become my new home. I have a great job at the UF Foundation, have made great friends and of course love going to Barre Forte!
2) What's your favorite Barre-themed shirt?
"Everyday I’m tuckin'" is probably my favorite shirt. It's one of the first shirts I bought at Barre, and ‘tuckin’ is one of the most important moves you do!
3) Tell us something fun about yourself.
When I'm not at Barre Forte, I love to golf. I used to golf in high school and recently picked it back up. I also like to travel and hang with my husband, Christopher, and my two kitties, Felix and Cece.
4) Was your first Barre class what you expected?
It really was not what I was expecting. I was super nervous because it can be intimidating to workout with a bunch of other people, but I was quickly put at ease. Everyone was welcoming and every instructor was encouraging and provided modifications in case I was not able to do the moves in the beginning.
5) Why did you decide to continue with Barre Forte after your free week by investing in an unlimited membership?
Really it was the feel at Barre. Everyone is supportive and it truly is a judgment free zone. Everyone is free to meet their personal best for the day, and we all support each other no matter where we are in our physical health.
6) What makes this workout different from other exercises you have experienced?
Barre Forte provides a really comprehensive workout so you always feel like you are getting a total body workout. I've noticed that it has also helped me with other physical activities, like running and even when I play golf, because Barre teaches you good posture and form.
7) What is your favorite Barre move so far? Why?
My favorite Barre move has to be the clam shell. Really, any glute workout on the mat is my favorite!
8) What results have you noticed after doing Barre consistently?
Barre has made me stronger than I ever thought I could be, and it has helped improve my overall health.
9) Have you experienced any benefits from Barre that have affected you not just physically, but mentally, too?
Absolutely! When you feel good physically, it helps your mental health too. Dedicating myself to a workout has helped build my confidence and has helped me realize that I can push myself far beyond what I ever thought I could.
10) What is your favorite "bonus" class that you have participated in and why?
Bring a Boy to Barre is probably my favorite "bonus" class. Working out with your significant other is really special. It's fun and it's nice to see them struggle a bit. My husband Chris has been to 13 classes since I started at Barre!!!
11) Is there anything you would like to share with potential new clients about your experience at Barre Forte?
I was nervous about going to my first Barre class because you never know what to expect. Barre Forte is a very special place. Everyone is warm, welcoming and supportive. You really feel like you are part of a family. If you are considering going to a class at Barre, give it a try! I've been going for over a year and it's one of the best decisions I've made.