January Barre Star: Carole W.
Carole W. has taken over 100 classes at Barre Forte since starting with us a little over a year ago, and she continues to get stronger every day. We are so impressed by her commitment to her fitness!
Meet our January Barre Star, Carole W.!
1) Where are you from, and how long have you been in Gainesville?
I am from Gainesville, but lived in several other states including California until 1994 before we moved back to Gainesville.
2) What's your favorite Barre-themed shirt?
Will tuck for Tacos
3) What you do when you're not at the Barre?
I just retired in July, so I am trying new things that I didn't have time to do when I was working. I love to read and spend time with my grandchildren.
4) Was your first Barre class what you expected? Why or why not?
I wasn't sure what to expect my first Barre class. I was nervous, but the staff and fellow classmates made me feel so welcome. I especially liked that the instructor offered modifications for the exercises.
5) Why did you decide to continue with Barre Forte after your free week by investing in a 12-month membership?
I liked the challenge of the class, and the positive impact on my body. Barre is a very welcoming place to be.
6) What makes this workout different from other exercises you have experienced?
Barre pushes me to work harder to be strong. I began to notice I felt better and more confident.
7) What is your favorite Barre move so far? Why?
Flat back chair because it is the most challenging for me, but I am now able to hold the position longer, so I know I am getting stronger.
8) What results have you noticed so far?
My posture has improved, and slowly but surely my flexibility is improving.
9) Have you experienced any benefits from Barre that have affected you not just physically, but mentally, too?
Yes, I am more confident in trying new experiences without fear of failing.
10) What keeps you motivated to continue coming to Barre so consistently?
I love Barre and the staff. They make me feel very welcome, and are such an encouragement in reaching my goals. I have made a lot of new friends at Barre.
11) Is there anything you would like to share with potential new clients about your experience at Barre Forte? Any helpful tips for those who are considering trying Barre, but are nervous??
I would encourage new clients to come try Barre. It is such a wonderful experience!!!
12) Is there anything else you'd like to share??
Thank you to Brinn and the Barre staff as well as my fellow Barre babes. All of you are wonderful!!!