December Barre Star: Erica M.
This month’s Barre Star has taken over 50 classes at Barre Forte since starting with us in September. The Barre Forte staff is incredibly impressed with her hard work, dedication, and consistency. In just a few months, Erica has quickly become a BIG part of the Barre Forte Family, and we are excited to see her continue to thrive at the Barre!
1) Where are you from, and how long have you been in Gainesville?
I’m originally from St. Petersburg, Florida and I’ve lived in Gainesville since 2007 – almost 10 years!
2) What's your favorite Barre-themed shirt?
I work out to be strong, but also because I LOVE to cook and eat. I don’t have either one, but I’m a fan of the “Will tuck for tacos” and “Will plank for pizza” shirts.
3) What do you do when you're not at the Barre?
I have a senior in high school so I’m preparing for life as a relatively young empty-nester. I like to create through photography and in the kitchen.
4) Was your first Barre class what you expected? Why or why not?
I had friends tell me about Barre, and I still wasn’t mentally – or physically – prepared! I regularly exercised, but the class pushed me in an entirely different way. Brinn taught the first class I took and she is the consummate teacher. She makes you want to make her and yourself proud. ‘Meet your best’ is more than a slogan.
5) Why did you decide to continue with Barre Forte after your free week by investing in a 12-month membership?
I decided it was an investment in myself that I couldn’t afford not to make. The workout is strenuous and fun. The environment is nurturing and encouraging. The barre-tenders, barre-backs, and the other barre-babes are all so welcoming, which makes classes at the studio feel like time well spent with an awesome community.
6) What makes this workout different from other exercises you have experienced?
The workouts challenge me physically and mentally, but I don’t feel like I’m risking injury even when I’m pushing through pain.
7) What is your favorite Barre move so far?
I’d have to say flat-back chair with a relevé! I feel like every muscle and fiber of my being is engaged.
8) What results have you noticed so far?
My body has changed in positive ways. My balance is improving, and I’m stronger and more toned. My people are noticing and commenting.
9) Have you experienced any benefits from Barre that have affected you not just physically, but mentally, too?
As I mentioned before, I definitely feel stronger mentally as well. When we are being pushed to burn out, I am better able to talk myself through the challenge. Also, I feel like the physical changes and increased strength are making me more confident.
10) What keeps you motivated to continue coming to Barre so consistently?
The physical and mental benefits and the community keep me coming to the studio. If I miss more than a few days, I’m itching to get back to work out and see what’s going on with my Barre friends!
11) Is there anything you would like to share with potential new clients about your experience at Barre Forte?
1: Make the investment in yourself. You won’t regret it!
2: Yes, it is hard, but we can do hard things!
3: Sticky socks and barre clothes can be addictive.