Meet our April Barre Star, Kara!
Kara has taken over 100 classes at Barre Forte since starting with us since we started in May 2015. Amazing job!
She shows up, work hard, and has become an integral part of our Barre Forte family! We appreciate her bringing your friends and family to the Barre, too! And we are thrilled that she recently did our Barre Teacher Training! The entire team is impressed with her commitment to her health, which is why she has been overwhelmingly selected as our April Barre Star. We love having Kara as a part of our Barre Forte family, and are excited to see her continue to thrive at the Barre! Read on to learn more about Kara!
1) Where are you from, and how long have you been in Gainesville?
I have been in Gainesville since I was in elementary school so I am very rooted in Gainesville.
2) What's your favorite Barre-themed shirt?
I have so many, but I think my favorite one was my first Barre shirt, “Embrace the Shake.”
3) Tell us something fun about yourself/what you do when you're not at Barre?
I like to do many things and barre prepares me for many of these activities! I enjoy spending time with my husband kite surfing, paddle boarding, and snow skiing. We recently went indoor skydiving and barre really helped me do well and enjoy the activity safely. It also helps me stay strong for the days I have to work in the field as a home builder.
4) Was your first Barre class what you expected? Why or why not?
Yes and each class after that was a little different, but followed the same format, consistently exercising all areas of my body.
5) Why did you decide to continue with Barre Forte after your free week by investing in an unlimited membership?
Barre is a great way for me to break from work and family just long enough to recharge! When I take care of myself, I can take care of everyone else and I love it!
6) What makes this workout different from other exercises you have experienced?
The staff at Barre is always welcoming and they take the time to know you by name.
7) What is your favorite Barre move so far? Why?
I have too many favorite moves!
8) What results have you noticed after doing Barre consistently?
I have noticed that my clothes fit better and that I plan my schedule each week making my Barre workouts a priority. If I can, I invite my daughters or a friend to join me. I may not go as much as I’d like to, but it still makes a big difference in my daily life.
9) Have you experienced any benefits from Barre that have affected you not just physically, but mentally, too?
That’s a loaded question. Let’s just say that Barre is WAY more affordable than therapy!
10) What is your favorite "bonus" class that you have participated in and why?
Bring a Boy to Barre was my favorite bonus class. I always seem to enjoy the activities my husband introduces me to, and I was proud to take him to one of my activities.
11) Is there anything you would like to share with potential new clients about your experience at Barre Forte? Any helpful tips for those who are considering trying Barre, but are nervous?
Go alone or with someone, but just go. Try different spots around the room, try different weights. Try all the instructors and try different times of day. Find what works best for you and modify your practice if you need to. Invite your friends, too.